Essex Photography Prize Terms & Conditions
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to all residents of Essex County except those directly involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
The closing date for submissions is 31st August 2023. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
Your entry must be submitted digitally via the form above. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
By submitting images to the Essex Photography Prize, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing and will indemnify Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing
- against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing;
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing and will indemnify Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
What to enter
Photographs must be a minimum 3MB – maximum 50MB file.
A maximum of one category entry per entrant. No single image may be entered into more than one of the categories.
An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that wildlife law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached or it has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
A panel of Judges will select images based upon technical skill, originality and creativity of composition. Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and commended photographers, and collectively agree on the overall competition winner. The organisers will select judges from a wide interest pool to ensure objectivity is maintained from year to year.
Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
Announcement of winners
Judges will choose the winner and commended photographers from each category. All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery, as well as being featured in an exhibition. All Images may be shared on Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing social media or website.
The overall winners will be announced in September 2023.
By entering the competition, you grant Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. More specifically to use:
- At presentation events, including exhibiting the images in an exhibition.
- On the Essex Photography Prize and Blue Sky Printing website and email communications.
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotion of Essex Photography Prize and Blue Sky Printing.
- In conjunction with the main sponsors to further promote this photography competition.
- If you have entered the Under 18s category, you confirm that you have consent from a parent or guardian.
The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
We will keep your details on our secure database to enable us to use your images (see usage rights) send you information about the annual photography competition and other information about Essex Photography Prize and Blue Sky Printing. We value your support and do not pass on information about you to any group or individual outside the Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printing.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Essex Photography Prize and Blue Sky Printing excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printings liability for death or personal injury arising from Essex Photography Prize or Blue Sky Printings own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
You agree to indemnify Essex Photography Prize and Blue Sky Printing indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Essex Photography Prize and Blue Sky Printing as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Essex Photography Prize and Blue Sky Printing reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.